“THIRD NATURE” NGO
Information about organization: history, main activities, management structures, etc.
The Constituent assembly of the “Third nature” non-governmental organization has taken place on January 20, 2000. The state registration was received on February 10, 2000, by order of number 295 of the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Armenia. Number of the registration certificate: 1440.
The “Third nature” NGO has carried out activity which has as a result made considerable impact on introduction of transformations of sphere of management of multi-apartment buildings, on introduction and development of new management bodies of multi-apartment buildings - associations of housing owners – “condominiums”. The organization has got popularity and has recognition in republic, as one of the most productive organizations operating in housing sphere, and in sphere of technical assistance to management of multi-apartment buildings.
The organization had a significant role in introduction of transformations of housing sphere in Shirak region of Armenia. As a result of organization’s activity, in 81 % of multi-apartment buildings of the city of Gyumri associations of apartment owners were established. All condominiums operating in Shirak region use training and consulting services of the organization. Organization activity promoted a raising, expression and the decision of housing-and-utility problems of the population of multi-apartment buildings by means of increase of civil participation and development of condominiums:
“Study of energy efficiency state in newly-constructed multi-apartment buildings” (English version):http://www.nature-ic.am/res/pdfs/documents/EEB_pilots/Gyumri%20survey_ENG.pdf
A Breakthrough in the Development of the Multi-Unit Housing Stock Management Activities: Implementation of the Project ”Shirak Marz Center of Support to Management Bodies of Multi-Apartment Buildings” (English version): http://3nature.am/gorc.shenqer/eng2.pdf
Demonstration of energy efficiency practices in buildings and use of solar heating system in Shaghik community of Shirak Region (English version): http://www.sgp.am/en/Projects?id=24 http://sgp.undp.org/index.php?option=com_sgpprojects&view=projectdetail&id=17061&Itemid=205#.UPP6gnI1suw
Capacity building of Shirak Region communities for improving the energy efficiency of residential buildings through demonstration of energy efficiency improvement and renewable energy sources use practices in a pilot multi-apartment residential building (English version): http://www.sgp.am/en/Projects?id=11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxtJ-bf9cY
Governing Urban Green Spaces (Pilot project public monitoring the Gymri city authorities’ management of urban green areas) (English version): https://www.democracyendowment.eu/we-support/governing-urban-green-spaces/
Sustainable energy: Experience and Use of Air to Water Heat Pump System in Greenhouses of Basen Mommunity of Shirak Marz (English version): http://www.osce.org/yerevan/120410?download=true (pages 57-63)
Organization mission: “Third nature” is a non-governmental, noncommercial organization aimed on improvement of artificially made systems like settlements, districts, buildings, internal living areas, utility services (in short - 3rd nature) by implementation of specific projects as well by increasing of population participation and development of management and maintenance of these systems.
The organization’s activity pursues following aims:
• To promote formation and development of associations of housing owners.
• To promote increase in civil participation of the population in managerial processes of multi-apartment buildings and in the housing provision area.
• To promote transformations of a housing policy and the legislation of sphere of management of multi-apartment buildings.
The main activities:
• The organization has carried out wide activity on deepening of reforms of housing sphere, the various undertakings directed on transformations policies and the legislation of housing sphere. Activity on transformations of the legislation of housing sphere, promoted, in particular, to acceptance by Parliament of Republic Armenia of the new law “About granting of privileges within the limits of the complex project on restoration of a zone of disaster of regions Shirak and Lori” to 8.12.04 year.
• The organization has carried out training and advisory services in capacity development of condominiums and owners of apartments - training courses, seminars, the publication and distribution of packages of teaching materials.
• Wide propagation on increase of knowledge of the population, campaign for means of mass information was carried out. The organization, has carried out: the publication and distribution of own newspaper – “Our condominium”; information brochures; information leaflets; preparation of websites; numerous articles on a local and republican press; preparation and display of information video clips; interviews; information meetings with inhabitants of multi-apartment buildings; distribution of the legislative; methodical and the normative literature.
1.“Model of technical assistance to condominiums by an example of the Gyumri Yerevanian 155 Condominium”, Yerevan, 2004 >>>>
2. “A breakthrough in the development of the multi-unit housing stock management activities”, Yerevan, 2005 >>>>
• The organization, in 2006 has carried out works on formation of coalition of condominiums, operating in Shirak region of Armenia. As a result, 11 condominiums from 3 cities of region have created a coalition.
• Researches, editions and distributions of results of researches. The goal of these researches is to promote the participation of owners of the apartments in the multi-apartment buildings management procedures; to create and provide a system of further approaches on some directions of local policy; to conduct civic control over the common property maintenance mandatory norms; to promote the development of the essential structures of the sphere; to promote the self-governance and independence of the condominiums; to promote the lawful protection of the interests of the inhabitants of the multi-apartment buildings and the unions of the owners of the apartments; to assist in the further survey procedures in the sphere and the issues on development projects.
• The organization has carried out wide activity on protection of lawful interests’ of condominiums and the population of multi-apartment buildings. Round tables-discussions with participation of the authorities, tax service, structures providing utilities and condominiums are realized.
• Since 2005, the organization has based a revolving fund with which help were carried out 7 projects directed on development of condominiums of Shirak region.
• The organization within 10 years of the activity has prepared about 160 young experts of sphere of management of the housing some of which are members of the organization. Almost all prepared young experts are now chairmen, managers or accountants of management bodies of multi-apartment buildings in different cities of Armenia and continue to cooperate with the organization.
• Researches of processes of reforms of housing sphere in the Post-Soviet, East Europe countries and in the countries of the Western Europe were carried out. In 2007 the representatives of the organization has participated a training course “Management and Maintenance of High-Rise Multi-family Residential Buildings in Countries in Transition”. The training was organized by the Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies, Rotterdam, and sponsored by the Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and The Environment, The Hague, The Netherlands.
Structures of management of the organization:
The structure of management of the organization, according to the organization Statute, is characterized by the following scheme, where at the left-to the right is listed management structures of the organization from the higher to the lowest: organization General meeting - Operating council of the organization - the Chairman of the organization - the Executive director of the organization. The control over management is carried out by control committee, members who cannot simultaneously be members of management structures of the organization.
Organization membership is based on voluntary principles, on professional conformity, and also on creative and professional qualities.
The published sketches and the operating websites about history and about organization activity:
• Sketch: “Forming Alliances for Better Living – One Building at a Time” on the “Success stories” of the USAID; >>>
• Sketch under the name - “ARMENIA: Forming Alliances for Better Living – One Building at a Time” of the Fund “Eurasia”; >>>
• The website: www.3nature.am;
• Report: “The activities of the NGO “Third Nature” in the multi-apartment buildings management sphere during the period of 2000-2007” in the brochure “Multi-Apartment Buildings Management Sphere: Civic Participation”, pages 13-85, Yerevan, 2007.
Contact person: Rafayel Mkhitaryan
Telephone: (+374 94) 53 58 59
E-mail address: email@example.com